By Carroll Pursell
- 22 unique essays via professional students disguise an important positive aspects of yankee know-how, together with advancements in cars, tv, and computing
- Analyzes the ways that applied sciences are prepared, reminiscent of within the engineering career, govt, medication and agriculture
- Includes discussions of the way applied sciences engage with race, gender, classification, and different organizing constructions in American society
Read Online or Download A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
Even though the manufactured from a self-proclaimed consensus politics, the British Empire was once consistently in line with communications supremacy and the information of the ambience. utilizing the metaphor of a thread of 5 items representing the types technology, undefined, govt, the army, and the schooling, this is often the 1st publication to check the family among instant and Empire during the interwar interval.
Whereas there are numerous biographies of JFK and bills of the early years people area efforts, this ebook makes use of fundamental resource fabric and interviews with key individuals to provide a accomplished account of the way the activities taken through JFK's management have formed the process the USA house application over the past forty five years.
Because the Mississippi and different midwestern rivers inundated city after city in the course of the summer time of 1993, involved and indignant voters wondered no matter if the very applied sciences and constructions meant to "tame" the rivers didn't, actually, bring up the severity of the floods. a lot of the talk swirled round the obvious culpability of the U.
- The Tentacles of Progress: Technology Transfer in the Age of Imperialism, 1850-1940
- FastLane (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology)
- Rocketman: Astronaut Pete Conrad's Incredible Ride to the Moon and Beyond
- Concrete Revolution: Large Dams, Cold War Geopolitics, and the US Bureau of Reclamation
Extra resources for A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Carroll Pursell