By Douglas C McVarish
Read or Download American Industrial Archaeology: A Field Guide PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
Even supposing the made of a self-proclaimed consensus politics, the British Empire was once regularly in keeping with communications supremacy and the data of the ambience. utilizing the metaphor of a thread of 5 items representing the types technological know-how, undefined, govt, the army, and the schooling, this is often the 1st ebook to check the family members among instant and Empire through the interwar interval.
Whereas there are numerous biographies of JFK and money owed of the early years people house efforts, this publication makes use of fundamental resource fabric and interviews with key individuals to provide a finished account of the way the activities taken via JFK's management have formed the process the U.S. area application over the past forty five years.
Because the Mississippi and different midwestern rivers inundated city after city throughout the summer time of 1993, involved and indignant electorate puzzled even if the very applied sciences and buildings meant to "tame" the rivers didn't, actually, elevate the severity of the floods. a lot of the talk swirled round the obvious culpability of the U.
- Firefighting in Charlotte (Images of America)
- The First Eagles: The American Pilots Who Flew With the British, Became Aces, and Won World War I
- Everyday Technology: Machines and the Making of India's Modernity (science.culture)
- Grandes desastres tecnológicos (Spanish Edition)
- Pigs and Humans: 10,000 Years of Interaction
- On the Great Plains: Agriculture and Environment (Environmental History Series)
Extra resources for American Industrial Archaeology: A Field Guide
American Industrial Archaeology: A Field Guide by Douglas C McVarish