By J. Logsdon
Read Online or Download John F. Kennedy and the Race to the Moon (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
Even supposing the made of a self-proclaimed consensus politics, the British Empire used to be consistently in keeping with communications supremacy and the information of the ambience. utilizing the metaphor of a thread of 5 items representing the kinds technological know-how, undefined, govt, the army, and the schooling, this can be the 1st ebook to review the relatives among instant and Empire in the course of the interwar interval.
Whereas there are lots of biographies of JFK and debts of the early years folks area efforts, this e-book makes use of fundamental resource fabric and interviews with key members to provide a accomplished account of the way the activities taken via JFK's management have formed the process the U.S. area software over the past forty five years.
Because the Mississippi and different midwestern rivers inundated city after city in the course of the summer season of 1993, involved and indignant voters puzzled no matter if the very applied sciences and buildings meant to "tame" the rivers didn't, actually, elevate the severity of the floods. a lot of the debate swirled round the obvious culpability of the U.
- Technology in Postwar America: A History
- Humphry Davy: Science and Power (Cambridge Science Biographies)
- Einblicke in die Frühzeit der Eisenverarbeitung: Sagen als "Fundorte" (Forschungen zur Thidrekssaga) (German Edition)
- Imperial Unknowns: The French and British in the Mediterranean, 1650–1750
- Doctoring Traditions: Ayurveda, Small Technologies, and Braided Sciences
- Securing the Network: F. Scott Yeager and the Rise of the Commercial Internet
Additional resources for John F. Kennedy and the Race to the Moon (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
John F. Kennedy and the Race to the Moon (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) by J. Logsdon